1. I’m a midwest native. I spent most of my childhood in Wisconsin, but went to high school + college in Kansas. After moving around quite a bit after college, I eventually made my way to the coast to settle down in Virginia Beach.
2. I’ve been to 6 out of the 7 continents. The only one left is Antarctica….now I just need to find a reason to go there.
3. I hiked the Inca Trail last summer; an almost 30 mile trek through the Inca Ruins, summiting at close to 14,000 feet and ending at the gates of Machu Picchu.
4. I got married in July in the mountains of western North Carolina, on the perfect day to the perfect man.
5. My husband has completed an Ironman; a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike, and 26.2 mile run. It makes me tired just typing that.
6. I play the guitar. I taught myself how to play about 5 years ago. I play nearly every day now and absolutely love it.
7. I worked in a foster home in South Africa with 3 of my best-pals from high school in 2012. This experience was so transformative that I now have a tattoo that means “hope” in Zulu.
8. I went to Appalachian State University for graduate school. I studied Clinical Mental Health Counseling with a focus in Expressive Arts Therapy. This is when I fell in love with the mountains of North Carolina.
9. I’m a self-proclaimed wellness enthusiast. I have always loved all things exercise, outdoors, travel, food, books + more.
10. I have two dogs that are just about as opposite as two dogs can be: a 6-year-old Coonhound-Mix named LeeRoy and a 2-year-old English Yellow Lab. They are a handful, but so much fun together.